Monday, November 1, 2010

And the Winner is ...

On the day that a horse race stops a nation (I know it's corny) ... I thought I'd blog about what's a sure bet to be a winner.

To be a winner you need the following things (at least) -

  • consistent performance
  • good past results
  • the potential for improvements through skill development & new ideas
  • a good environment
  • opportunities to compete (and win)

And, so I think the high density real estate space (strata to you and me) is a sure bet to be a winner.

Over the last 10-15 years it has consistently performed well (and ahead of the rest of the real estate market) for growth and the results keep improving.

The future potential and environment is even better as government, developers, urban planners and home owners all recognise higher density as the way housing will develop in the future.

As a relatively new sector with new stakeholders everyone can improve what they know, how they do it and the result they achieve.

And, there's endless opportunities to demonstrate these winning characteristics ... everyday, in every dwelling and to everyone.

So, I'm not betting on a horse ... I'm betting on high density real estate.  I wonder what the odds are today ???

See you at the tote.


Francesco ....

2 comments:

  1. Hi Francesco,
    I have a quick question about strata reform and as a regular follower of your blog I imagine you would know the answer. Earlier in the year you foreshadowed Strata legislation reform in relation to the termination of Strata schemes. Do you know if anything has come of this?

    Thanks in advance,

    Anna

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Anna

    The proposed NSW reforms for non-unanimous termination of strata schemes remains a proposal only.

    There's been no further formal discussion, it's been dropped by the Hon. Clover Moore MP from her proposed private members bill and there's been no draft or proposed legislation.

    And, given the sad state of NSW politics I doubt the current government will risk any public backlash before the election in 2011.

    Francesco ...

    ReplyDelete