Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Watching Out for Important Strata Cases

When things go wrong in strata schemes they can end up being decided by Courts or Tribunals.  And, when that happens we can all learn some more about what the strata laws mean, how they should be applied and what’s right and wrong about the way things are done.

Over the last 45 years Court and Tribunal decisions have been critical to the development of strata title in Australia (and around the world).

And, since I’ve been a lawyer working in strata title for more than 25 years, I’ve been closely involved in these cases – from running many of them to reading and studying the others so that I can advise people about the law and (more importantly) about what to do.  And, I’m still involved in and following them.

But what strata stakeholders need is more practical than just legal advice.   They need clear and no-nonsense explanations about decisions that make the facts, issues and principles easy to understand and apply.

So, my future blog posts will feature reviews of important strata cases.

I’m calling them Strata Casewatch (heard that one before ???). 

I’ll always post about the latest cases (for the hottest news) and sometimes about cases from a long time ago (because they’re important and the start of more recent legal developments) and sometimes about cases from overseas (because they give us clues about what might happen here or provide useful comparisons).

I’ll also publish all the Casewatch on my website  - www.francescoandreone.com/casewatch

So keep an eye out for Casewatch and learn some useful strata law.


Francesco ….

No comments:

Post a Comment